Fine Art Prints
My fine art prints are printed on archival quality paper that will last more than a lifetime. The prints have a one inch border around the image which helps with custom matting and framing. Prints are personally inspected before I ship them to you.
Developed as "Diasec" in Europe in 1969, Facemounting involves adhering an image to a clear substrate such as Plexiglas. Through the years, the process has been refined and has recently seen a surge in popularity with photographers and galleries.
Facemounting creates a permanent bond directly between the image and the back of the Plexi. With the image mounted behind the Plexi, light refracts in such a way that makes the colour pop and provides an almost 3D effect, with the image appearing sharper than ever before. With gallery lighting it may almost appear as if the piece is back-lit. This cannot be achieved with direct printing or glass in traditional frames.
The glossy finish and visual depth of Facemounting looks especially striking with night photography and high contrast shots. Images that capture reflection are enhanced, giving the effect of looking out into the world as if through a window. Facemounted prints are backed with an aluminum composite panel for a strong structurally stable piece.
The Facemounted prints come mounted to your choice of a 5/8 inch or 1 1/4 inch aluminum sub-frame so the image floats from the wall. I would recommend the 5/8 inch aluminum sub-frame. No framing is required for this clean, modern presentation.
Despite their popularity, I don't offer canvas prints through my website because frankly they just can't compete with the image quality and elegant display presentation of my other display options. That said, I do realize that some people prefer the look and texture of canvas wraps, so I offer them by special request. By default the canvas prints are produced with solid black side edges, but the image can alternatively be "wrapped" or "mirrored" around the edges if you prefer. So if you would like to order a canvas print, then contact me about the sizes available and prices.
How To Order A Print
- Find the image(s) you wish to purchase in a "Gallery".
- Click the "Purchase Prints" link which is located underneath the image. Choose the size and then use the drop down menu to select one of two choices, "Print - only" or "Facemounting - Acrylic/Aluminum".
- Click the "Add to Cart" link.
- Use the drop down menu to select the appropriate shipping charges ( i.e. Canada, USA or Europe ).
- Click on the "Check out" link. Your personal billing and shipping information will be gathered on the next page on a PayPal secure server. You do not need to have a PayPal account; you can use your credit card without a PayPal account. Credit cards will be processed upon submission of your order.
Your order will be shipped as soon as is possible. Prints will usually be received within 2 - 3 weeks ( within North America ) from the order date. For clients who live in the lower mainland I can deliver the prints, so there is no shipping charges. If I am travelling I will notify you as soon as possible if this might delay print delivery. All my prints are personally reviewed to verify quality before being shipped with Canada Post, USPS or UPS. If you have any questions after you have placed an order please don't hesitate to contact me.
Rights Managed Image Licensing
Image licenses can be purchased by sending me an email outlining your intended usage. If you wish to license an image on my blog please contact me indicating which image you are interested in. In order to give you a quote I will need information such as:
- Type of usage. For example - do you need this image for a magazine, website, book, or newspaper?
- Editorial or commercial/advertisement use?
- Geography of image use ( National, Regional etc. )
- One time or multiple uses?
- What will be the duration of usage?
- Exclusive or non-exclusive use?
- Size of the image ( i.e. 1/4 page, 1/2 page, pixel dimensions etc. )
I will get back to you with a quote as soon as possible. I will normally be able to provide you a quote within 24 hours, though this may be longer if I am travelling.